Saturday, February 19, 2011

Almond Arugula Pesto

photo by sara tady ©
Who doesn't love pesto?  Pesto is usually something I keep on hand in the fridge for quick additions to pasta, sandwiches and I even add a spoonful to my eggs.  I had a beautiful bunch of arugula from our vegetable box and a bag of almonds.  I figured I'd try a spin on the typical basil pesto.  It was delish!  Feel free to substitute basil for the arugula and pine nuts for the almonds if you'd like to make your own traditional pesto.


Ingredients:
1 bunch of arugula
a couple handfuls of toasted almonds (1/3 cup)-toast for a couple minutes in a pan on the stove
1 garlic clove- chopped (2 cloves if you're a garlic lover)
extra virgin olive oil (evoo)
1/4 cup parmesan/ romano cheese
salt/pepper

Directions:
1) In a blender/food processor, drop in arugula, almonds, chopped garlic, parmesan cheese, pepper
2) drizzle in some evoo, put the top on and pulse.  Drizzle in more evoo until the consistency is "sauce-like".  Blend until smooth.
3) taste for saltiness, add salt if necessary.

Print this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment