Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Crock Pot Beef Stew

photo by sara tady ©
While I was in Mexico with my girlfriends, my guy must have been jonsing for something homemade.  I walked in after a long flight to the crock pot on and a hearty stew for dinner. Here's a shout out to Chad as well as a satisfying crock pot stew ANYONE can make.  Seriously, if you have a crock pot and  a knife you're 90% there. Make this for your guy and he will think you are the bomb.com.

Ingredients:
3/4 onion medium sized chopped (large chunks work best for slow cooked stews)
1 celery stalk -about a 1 inch chop
1 large carrot - about a 1 inch chop
1-2 potatoes - depending on size- chopped
1 lb or so of boneless Beef Chuck or "Stew Beef"- cut into 1 inch pieces 
1/2 cup of frozen peas
1 packet of McCormick's Beef Stew season packet (it hurts me to recommend a season packet but this is supposed to be reallllllly easy, right?)

Directions:
1) chop all vegetables and drop into the crock pot (besides peas)
2) add chopped beef on top of veggies
3) sprinkle in the season packet and add water as specified on packet
4) turn crock pot to med and let 'er rip for 8 hours
5) before serving, stir in 1/2 cup frozen peas (these only need about 3-4 mins to heat up)
6) serve with some parsley to freshen it up

Tip!  I like to prep all this the night before and keep in the fridge over night.  Before I leave for work I pull it out and turn the crock pot to medium.  When I get home, the stew is waiting for me.  So simple. Seriously.
Print this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment