Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Grilled Pizza with Roasted Tomatoes and Arugula

photo by sara tady ©
Every once in a while I make something my husband coins as "special".  This was one of those things.  Super simple yet super gourmet.

photo by sara tady ©
Ingredients:
Pizza Dough- I used the garlic herb dough from Trader Joe's
Fresh Buffalo Mozzarella
Arugula
2 Tomatoes
Pizza sauce/ Marinara

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Slice tomatoes thin.  Salt and pepper both sides.  Drizzle with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and into oven for 15 minutes
3) Roll out (or stretch out like I do) the dough. Use flour if needed. Place directly onto a hot grill for 4 minutes and then flip for 3 minutes.  If you don't have a grill you can use your oven just put it on a baking sheet.  It won't be as good though, fair warning :)
4) Spoon pizza sauce on the most undercooked side (should be the second side) then layer on cheese, tomatoes and whatever dried herbs you like.  I used oregano, red pepper flake and parsley.  I also happened to have a block of Pecorino in the fridge so I shaved some on top-such a bonus!
5) Put back on the grill for another 3 minutes or so.
6) Take out and top with arugula.

Print this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment