Friday, April 1, 2011

Chicken Salad Sandwich and Dijon Potato Salad

photo by sara tady ©
About a week or so ago, we had an amazing few days of weather.  My husband and I high-tailed it to Tango Sur on a Wednesday night to share a bottle of wine and dine on the patio.  I wasn't really feeling steak, so I did something a little unorthodox...I ordered the roasted half chicken.  Needless to say, it was deeeee-lish.  I wrapped up the leftover chicken and made what my husband claimed was "the best sandwich he's ever had" for lunch.  That might be a stretch, but either way, it was VERY tasty and this lunch really got us in the mood for summer!  There's hundreds of ways to make chicken salad, here's mine:

Chicken Salad Ingredients:
Shredded Chicken (I almost always use chicken from a previous night's dinner)
1 tbsp of dried dill
1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1-2 tbsps of fresh chopped chives (or green onion)
lots of freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup mayo
optional- 1/4 cup cranberries

Directions:
Mix together!  Done!  Serve on sourdough bread with greens and cheese- my favorite with chicken salad is dill-havarti.  

Potato Salad Ingredients:
Halved fingerling or red potatoes- skin on
2 tbsp of dijon mustard
3 tbsp of red wine vinegar  
1 tbsp of dried dill
1tbsp of chopped parsley
salt and pepper

Instructions:
1) drop potatoes into pot BEFORE bringing to a boil. Salt water
2) In a large bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients
3) Strain when potatoes are fork tender (this means when you stick a fork in them, they slip off)  Be careful to not overcook.
4) Combine with the dressing and chill.

Print this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment